The Calprotectin ELISA kit is an enzyme immunoassay intended for the quantitative determination of calprotectin (MRP (8/14, S100A8/A9) in serum and plasma.
Alternative names of calprotectin: MRP8/14, L1, (p8,14), p34, S100 A8/A9
• Concentrations of MRP8/14 in serum, and particularly in synovial fluid, correlate strongly with disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis.
• Plasma MRP8/14 levels are very early, specific and sensitive prediction markers for acute rejection in kidney allograft transplantation.
• Serum MRP8/14 concentration is a prognostic marker of recurrent infection and survival in alcoholic liver cirrhosis.
• MRP8/14 is useful for evaluating the extent of periodontal inflammation.
• In cerebral malaria, MRP 8/14 expression correlates with microglial activation in brain.
• MRP8/14 is present in urinary stones and in dental calculus.
• S100A9 in serum may serve as a useful marker for discrimination between prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).